Home & Garden Television, commonly abbreviated as HGTV, is a paid television channel under Discovery. The primary broadcasts that run on the channel are centered around real estate, home improvement, and reality programs. Presently, more than 75% households are subscribed to the network and it is available on nearly all cable, satellite, IPTV, and streaming platforms.
Though HGTV can be accessed easily through the aforementioned platforms, it can only be accessed through streaming devices, such as Roku, Amazon Fire TV, and Apple TV through the HGTV Go application. Install the application on your streaming device and activate it through the watch.hgtv.com/activate page. To learn more about how to go about the process, keep reading this guide.
Steps to Activate HGTV Go For Roku TV
- Start by pressing the ‘Home’ button (Home icon) present on your Roku remote. It will lead you to the home screen.
- Scroll down the home screen and select the option titled Streaming Channels. You will be taken to the Channel Store.
- Once you have accessed the Channel Store, lists for featured, new, and popular categories will be located at the top. Alternately, make use of the Search Channels option to locate the HGTV Go channel.
- Note: Press the Forward/Reverse scan button on your Roku remote to move up or down a whole page at a time, while browsing the lists or channel grids present there.
- Once you have located the HGTV channel, either through the search option or by browsing, press the OK button to access further information about the channel via its preview page.
- After going through the preview page, press the Add Channel option present on the page itself. The HGTV Go app will be installed on your Roku device.
- Note: To avail the free application, press the Add Channel option and the paid channels can be accessed by pressing the Buy option. In case you have set a PIN for your Roku account, you’ll be asked to enter it when purchasing the app.
- The HGTV Go application will get added to your Roku device and appear under the list of channels on the Home page. Scroll down the list to locate the HGTV app and press launch once you find it.
- Upon launching the application, you will either be asked to sign in to the app or will receive the activation code directly on your screen along with the activation guide.
- When you receive the activation code, open a web browser on your phone, tablet, or PC and open the activation page of HGTV. You can do this by going to watch.hgtv.com/activate.
- Enter the activation code in the appropriate field and hit the ACTIVATE button.
- Now you need to simply follow the prompts that appear on the screen to complete your activation process. Once the process is finished, you will be able to access HGTV and its content on your TV via the Roku player.
Steps to Activate HGTV Go for Apple TV
- After turning on your Apple TV, open up the App Store. Search for the HGTV Go app using the search option. All you need to do this is enter HGTV Go in the search field and click on the search icon.
- Once the search results show up on the screen select the HGTV Go app and you’ll be directed to the preview page of the app.
- After landing on the preview page, press the Get option. Next, press the Touch surface present on your Siri remote for the application to be downloaded and installed.
- Note: If you wish to install the paid version of the application, press the Buy button when you are on the preview page.
- The HGTV Go app will appear on the Home screen of your Apple TV once the installation process is complete. Next step is to launch the app and sign in if the app asks for it. The activation code and instruction guide will appear on the screen.
- Open any web browser on your device (phone/computer/tablet) and head over to the HGTV Go activation page at watch.hgtv.com/activate.
- When the activation page loads on your device, enter the activation code in the appropriate field. Finally press the ACTIVATE button. In order to complete the activation process, follow the prompts that appear on the screen.
Steps to Activate HGTV Go for Amazon Fire TV
- Like the previous sections, you need to go to the Apps section after turning on your Amazon Fire TV. In the Apps section, search for the HGTV Go application using the search option.
- Once you locate the application in the Search section, go to its preview page to download and install it on your Amazon Fire TV.
- After the installation is complete, return to the Home screen and launch the app. Upon launching, the app will prompt you to sign in so that you can get the activation code.
- Note: In case the app does not prompt you to sign in, you will directly be provided with the activation code along with the instructions to activate.
- The next step is to open any web browser on your phone/computer/tablet and head over to the watch.hgtv.com/activate page.
- Once the activation page loads, enter the activation code that the app provided and hit the ACTIVATE button.
- Post that simply follow the instructions that show up on the screen of your Amazon Fire TV to finish the activation process. You’ll be able to watch HGTV Go on your Amazon Fire TV now.
The Bottom Line
Following these steps will help you activate the HGTV channel on any of your streaming devices. Complete all the steps and enjoy watching HGTV Go on your device.