Hulu is a subscription video on demand service that is owned by the very known “The Walt Disney Company”. The Hulu programs are very popular amongst the American and their service is available to roughly around 40 million American households, which gives a clear-cut idea to us that how popular Hulu programs are. Another significant reason why more and more American household with a pay television subscribe to Hulu plans is mainly because of the availability of their favorite content that they want to stream and secondly, that the Hulu app is supported on various devices. Installing the app on your streaming platform (digital media player device or smart TVs) and activate Hulu app using the official web portal that is www.hulu.com/activate will do your job.
Hulu Supported Devices
Before looking for the activation process of the Hulu app on your streaming device just check that whether your device is compatible or not. After that when you will get an active Hulu subscription, you may look forward to install the Hulu app in your streaming device (if compatible). Get the latest Hulu app on your streaming device, access the official activation page and after that enter the unique activation code and there you go, that’s it!
The available content as well as the Hulu feature will differ based on the chosen plan and the version of the app that you have on your device. Given below is the list of all the devices that supports Hulu app. Go through the list and verify whether your device is in the list or not. So, the list of supported devices is as follow:
- Android TV
- Android Phones as well as tablets
- Apple TV (4th gen or later)
- iPhones and iPads
- Samsung TV
- Fire Tablets
- Echo Show
- Fire TV and Fire TV Stick
- Fire Tablets
- LG TV
- Play Station
- Nintendo Switch
- Mac and PC browsers/ apps
- VIZIO Smart Cast TVs
- Xfinity X1 TV Boxes
- Xfinity Flex Streaming TV Box
If you possess any of these devices at home, an active Hulu subscription and a participating TV provider, you can access the official web portal that is hulu.com/activate in order to complete the activation process.
How to Activate New Device and Stream Hulu Service?
Want to know how to activate Hulu services on new devices? Let’s get straight in to the process and understand how to activate a new device using the activation code. So given below are the steps, go through them carefully and follow each of them step-wise only. Steps are as follow:
- After the installation of the Hulu app is done on your streaming device, launch the app.
- Click on the “Log In” option present on the Welcome screen.
- Now, you are required to select the option that says “Activate on a computer”.
- A unique activation code will be shown on the screen to you on the next screen.
- It will take you to the official Hulu activation page. Log in if prompted and navigate to hulu.com/activate or look out for the section that says “Watch Hulu on Your Devices”.
- Now, you are required to fill in the unique activation code that was provided earlier.
- After a couple of seconds or so you will be logged in.
Read: Activate ESPN
Every time a new device is activated, you will receive an email providing you with the following information:
- When: The date and time the new device was activated.
- What: The type of device that you activated.
- Where: The city, state or country where you activated the device.
If you don’t recognize any activated device then consider removing it immediately.
Simple Steps to Activate Hulu App on Roku using the official web portal (hulu.com/activate)
Depending on Hulu subscription plan, the content and features that will be provided will vary. The best thing about getting a Hulu subscription is that the service is also available on a myriad of devices that also includes Roku. The newer Roku devices that are coming are supporting the latest or updated Hulu app. The Hulu app is accessible on the following Roku devices such as – Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Roku 3 & 4, Roku Premiere, Roku Premiere+, Roku Streaming Stick (model 3500X or later), Roku 2 (model 4210X), Roku Express, Roku Express+ and 4k Roku TV. The firmware must be updates to version 8.1 or higher as the updates are available. At the same time, you must ensure that the latest Hulu app should be version 6.6.3 or higher than that.
For all the Roku device users, just check out the following steps to view Hulu content via the link hulu.com/activate:
- Switch on your Roku device and navigate to its Channel Store with the help of remote.
- Look out for Hulu app. If you are not able to find out the app, search it out by typing the name of the in the search box. This will help you find the app more quickly.
- Once you find it, click on ‘Get/Install’ to install the app.
- After the installation is done, launch the app to receive the unique activation code. Save or note down the code somewhere as it will be required in the later stages of the activation process.
- Now, using another device (like computer or laptop or smartphone) head to the official web portal of Hulu activation that is hulu.com/activate.
- Fill in the activation code that was provided earlier and click on “Activate” button.
- This will take you a couple of seconds or so and after that you will be logged in. After that you will be able to watch all of your favorite content without any hassle.
Similar to this, the activation procedure for other streaming devices will be more or less the same (with the slightest variations depending upon your device). Also, you can check the new device on your Hulu account.
Guide: Activate Motor Trend
How to Remove a Device from Your Hulu Account?
If you feel at any point that you want or wish to remove an unwanted device, you can do that without any fuss, just follow the steps that are given below. These steps are as follow:
- Go to your Hulu account page.
- Under “Your Account”, access the section that says “Watch Hulu on Your Devices”.
- Click on “Manage Devices”.
- Here, you will have the access to remove any unwanted device just by clicking the “Remove” option that is next to the device that is no longer in use.
That’s it! No need to be bothered by any device that you wish not to be in your account. The unwanted device will be removed successfully without hassle or issues just by following the above given steps.