Do you wish to watch your favourite OWN talk shows from the comfort of your home? It is easily possible if you have a streaming device, such as Roku, Fire TV, Apple TV, or Android TV at home. Activate the WATCH OWN app by entering the activation code at start.watchown.tv/activate.
This simple process will allow you to access various types of shows provided by the Oprah Winfrey Network (OWN). No stone is left unturned to bring you interesting content, ranging from news about your favourite celebrity couple to the latest original series. Jointly owned by Discovery Inc. and Harpo studio, nearly 90 million pay-TV households in America can access OWN. If you wish to stream this massively popular channel on your device, keep reading the guide below.
Details to Remember Before Downloading OWN on Your Streaming Device
Before you download and install the OWN app on your streaming platform and enjoy the content provided by it, ensure that you fulfil all the equipment requirements. Here is a checklist:
- High-speed internet
- Device such as a smartphone or computer
- An active subscription to the OWN channel
- Cable TV provider such as AT&T U-Verse, DIRECTV, Verizon, or DISH Network)
How to Activate OWN on Roku Device
- Open the Roku Channel Store from the Home screen of your Roku streaming device.
- Scroll up or down using the remote to find and select the Streaming Channels option.
- Navigate the section marked as “Movies & TV” or search in the “TV Everywhere” category.
- In the above mentioned categories look for the Watch OWN TV app. Alternatively, you can also simply type the keyword in the search bar to get the result.
- Upon finding the app, press the +Add Channel button and confirm your selection when the Roku device prompts you to.
- The app will be downloaded and installed on your device in a few moments. It can then be found listed under the added channels category.
- When you launch the app, you will receive a unique activation code on your screen. This is the activation code for OWN TV and should be carefully preserved.
- Go to the authorized web portal (start.watchown.tv/activate) through a different device after you receive the activation code. You might be asked to log into the pay-TV provider first on the second device. Select your TV provider from the list.
- Carefully enter the activation code in the appropriate field and click on the ACTIVATE button.
- A successful message will be displayed on the screen immediately afterwards.
Your process is complete and you can stream your favourite OWN shows on your Roku device.
Read: Guide to Activate HGTV GO
How to Activate OWN on Amazon Fire TV
Here is what you need to do to activate OWN TV on your Amazon Fire TV:
- Turn on your streaming device and head over to the Amazon Play Store. Download the Watch OWn TV app from there.
- Once the app has finished downloading, press the launch button to receive a unique activation code.
- Note down the code that appears and open the start.watchown.tv/activate page.
- Enter the code that you received and click on the ACTIVATE button. Your device is ready to stream your favourite OWN TV shows.
How to Activate OWN TV on Apple TV
The procedure to access OWN TV on your Apple TV is almost similar to the previous section. Here’s what you need to do:
- Use your remote control to open the Apple Store.
- Scroll through the channels to locate the OWN TV channel or type it manually in the search bar.
- Download the Watch OWN TV app on your Apple TV from the store.
- Once it is finished installing, launch the app to receive a unique activation code.
- Note down the code and head over to the activation page at start.watchown.tv/activate.
- Enter the code and press the ACTIVATE button.
How to Activate OWN Go on Android TV
If you have an Android TV at home, follow the below listed steps to watch OWN TV:
- Go to the Home screen of your Android TV using the remote control.
- Head over to the Play Store and press the magnifying glass icon to look for the OWN TV app.
- Press the Install button to download the app.
- Once the app is installed, you will receive an activation code upon launching it.
- Note down your code and open the authorized activation link on a different device (mobile phone/computer/tablet).
- Enter the activation code in the appropriate field and press the ACTIVATE button.
- The activation process is complete and the Android TV will automatically refresh your screen to stream OWN TV.
You can also stream OWN TV content on its website for free. Content available for free streaming includes original programmes by OWN, on-demand streaming of recent episodes, etc.
Frequently Asked Questions About Watch OWN TV
Is Watch OWN App free of cost?
The Watch OWN TV app is completely free of cost to download and activate on your streaming device. However, you might have to subscribe to a participating TV provider. Select the right provider and plan to start watching your favourite celebrity interviews on OWN TV.
On what devices can I get the OWN TV app?
The Oprah Winfrey Network (OWN) app can be installed on a wide range of gadgets, including smartphones, tablets, streaming devices, and even be accessed through the web. The only requirement is a subscription to a participating TV provider.
Do the steps related to start.watchown.tv/activate vary from device to device?
Yes, the steps do vary depending on the streaming device and/or model you own. The steps to activate the Watch OWN TV app on Roku TV will vary from those for Apple TV or Android TV. Thus, be careful while carrying out the activation procedure.
What is the OWN TV broadcast schedule?
You can find out the OWN TV schedule by checking out the weekly primetime schedule or click here to find out the broadcast schedule.
How do I quickly find the OWN TV app on my TV?
Go to the OWN channel finder and enter your ZIP code when prompted. Select your cable provider to find the app on your TV.
Does the Watch OWN TV app provide closed captioning?
Yes, closed captions are provided on OWN TV. The app complies with the requirements of the Federal Communications Commission. You can easily find which programs are closed-captioned as they are indicated by the symbol CC, which can be turned on or off as per your preference.
Hope this guide is helpful and you can stream your favourite OWN TV shows using it!