Discovery Plus (+) although being relatively new on Roku, ensures its users that they never run out of amazing content to provide or stream to their users. Discovery Plus, the streaming service is certainly streaming on the most sought-after streaming platform in the United States, broadcasting the best in real-life entertainment shows.
So why not get Discovery Plus on Roku and get access to more than 55,000 episodes of exciting and amazing shows that the Discovery family has for you from all of its network that includes Food Network, HGTV, Discovery Channel, ID, TLC, Travel Channel, OWN and Animal Planet.
How to Get Discovery Plus on Roku?
To get Discovery Plus on your, just check out the steps that are given below. Follow each step in order to add Discovery Plus on your Roku. These steps are as follow:
- To begin with the activation first of all, start off by navigating to the home screen. For this, you can also use the Roku remote by pressing the “Home” button.
- In the Search Box, with the help of virtual keyboard type the name of the app.
- Highlight the app as in when you see the app that is Discovery Plus.
- To add the button to your Roku device just click on the “Add Channel”.
- Once you are done with this and the app is added to the device, you can now launch it to open the same.
- You need to sign in with your Discovery Plus account details that is your username and password only if prompted.
- That’s it! You are all set to go. All the Discovery Plus content is available right in front of you. Pick any one that you want to watch and click on the Play button.
There you go! You are all set to enjoy Discovery Plus on your Roku. Above given method is one way that you can try to stream the service on your digital media player. If this does not work out for you, here is another way to get access to the Discovery Plus content on Roku.
Also Read: How to Activate Amazon Prime Subscription?
How to Screen Mirror Discovery Plus on Roku?
Screen mirror or also known as cast screen, is an alternative way to enjoy everything Discovery Plus has to offer once you get a hold of this. This is the best way by far to enjoy videos when your Roku runs short of shortage. You can screen mirror the programs through your smartphone as well as PC also. Let’s take a look on how to screen mirror Discovery Plus on Roku:
- Got a Smartphone? Great! Now you can screen mirror by downloading and installing the Discovery Plus app from the Play Store.
- Now unlock your device if it is locked and access the Play Store from the home screen.
- Then, go to the Search box and type Discovery Plus.
- The app will be visible on the screen after you looked for it. Click on “Install” button to install the app on your phone.
- Launch the app by clicking on it, once the app gets installed.
- It will ask or prompt you for the log in details. In order to do that you must re-enter the sign in details that is your username and password.
- Now, swipe the screen and navigate to the notification panel. From here you get to choose the “Cast” menu option. You will also see various other options like Screen Recorder, Zen Mode, Reading Mode and Hotspot as well.
- A list of available devices will be presented in front of you, when you will tap on to “Cast” option. From there select the Roku Device and you are all set to go.
How to Screen Mirror Discovery Plus through PC
Just like for Roku, screen mirroring is also available in PC. All you have to do is to follow the given steps in order to screen mirror Discovery Plus. Take a look at the steps and start screen mirroring what you love. Steps are as follow:
- First, open your computer and launch the browser that you use frequently.
- In the given URL bar, type “discoveryplus.com” and press the “Enter” key.
- You will be directed to the official page of Discovery Plus.
- Now, search out for the sign in option. It should be present somewhere around the top right corner of the page.
- Then, click on the “Sign IN” option and fill up your details that is your username and password.
- After this press the “Windows + P” keys on your computer keyboard.
- Options like Duplicate, Extend, PC Screen Only, Second Screen Only and Connect to a Wireless Display will be displayed to you.
- Select “Connect to a Wireless Display” option.
- Now you need to choose your Roku Device from the connect tab. This will help to stream the mirrored content.
- That’s it! You are all set to stream all the Discovery Plus content that you would like to on your Roku device.
What Popular or On-Going Content Can One Stream on Roku?
Discovery Plus claims a massive library with different variety of content as mentioned earlier. Basically, it comprises of both factual as well as lifestyle content. Besides this, you can also stream content from other networks as well that are from Discovery family. These networks are Food Network, Investigation Discovery, OWN, Animal Planet, HGTV, Discovery Channel, TLC, DIY Network, Science Channel, Travel Channel and various network.
Some of the popular or you can say on-going shows that you can stream or basically those show which are must to watch on your Roku are Extreme Everest, Mysterious Planet, UFO Witness, Ghost Adventures: Cecil Hotel and Fixer Upper: Welcome Home. Go and stream all your favorite content available on Discovery Plus without missing even a single show. Just follow the given steps and you will be all set to go stream your content.