Twitch is a leading platform for watching esports tournaments, industry events and gaming personalities. Amazon pulled the certified app from Roku Channel Store, but you can still use the Unofficial Twitch or TTV Stream apps to lookout Twitch on Roku. Here’s how you can watch twitch on Roku:
Install the Old Authorized Twitch App on Roku
- The Unauthorized Twitch app will set up the old official Twitch app on your Roku. This app still works.
- It’s not accessible in the Roku Channel store, so you’ll have to use the “Add a Channel with a Code” feature. Direct any browser to “roku.com/account/add” and make sure you’re signed in.
- Enter the code “TWITCHTV” and follow the warning prompts to add the hidden channel to your account. If the Unofficial Twitch app doesn’t appear immediately in the ‘Home’ menu, restart your Roku by directing to Settings > System > System Restart from the Roku Home screen.
- The Unauthorized Twitch app initiates your device to access that now-private official app. Open the Unauthorized Twitch app on your Roku device. A notification will pop up, saying “Authorized Twitch Channel Now Accessible.” Choose “Yes.”
- The page for the official Twitch app will open. Select “Add Channel.” Follow the on-screen commands and enter the code shown on your screen. Your Roku will confirm that “Twitch has been added to the end of Home.” You can now eliminate the Unofficial Twitch app.
Now you’re ready to start watching streams. You can sign in to your Twitch account in the app to access the channels you monitor by selecting the star button on your Roku remote.
Install TTV stream on Roku
As an alternative to the unsupported official app, TTV Stream is a supported, unofficial app that provides access to Twitch. If you experience problems with the invalid Twitch app, try this unofficial solution.
- Direct whichever web browser to “com” and click “Add Channel.” You may need to sign in over.
- As above, if the TTV Stream app doesn’t appear immediately in the Home menu, restart your Roku by navigating to Settings > System > System Restart from the Roku Home screen.
- Open the TTV Stream app, and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Head to “com/link” and enter the six-character code shown on your Roku device.
Follow the prompts to link your Twitch account to TTV Stream. Once completed, you’ll have instant access to the TTV Stream interface on your Roku device.
The Bottom Line
That’s it! Now you can enjoy watching streams, esports tournament and other gaming streams on Roku or TTV stream app by following the above guidelines. If you are a OTT lover, you should know how to activate BET and connect AETV with your device.